SiD’s aim is to provide reasonably priced sporting and recreational facilities for the people of Desford and surrounding areas.
SiD is a registered Charity (No. 1100319) and is run by an Executive Management Committee, which consists of a management team and representatives from all the affiliated sports sections – Bowls, Football, Fitness Gym, Squash, Striders Running, Scouting and Tennis. The Committee members are volunteers. This Committee are answerable to a Board of 7 Trustees, all of whom also work on a voluntary basis.
For immediate response, please contact either our clubhouse manager, Jenny Watson on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07760 111869 or Jim Houghton, Development Officer, on 07967 353 790 or email@example.com or call the clubhouse on 01455 828786.
Developments in January/February 2017
- Extra roof Insulation has been added above the ceiling tiles across the whole of the first floor of the clubhouse
- Full electrical condition survey and PAT testing has been carried out
- The floodlights on the double tennis court have been doubled up to improve the lighting
- The oldest treadmill in the gym will be replaced with a brand new modern machine
- The leg press machine in the gym will be replaced with a more user friendly machine
Thanks go to Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council, the Maud Elkington Trust, Leicestershire County Council, The Postcode Local Lottery, Leicestershire & Rutland Playing Fields Association for grants and one loan to help finance these projects.
Where are we?
Sport in Desford
The Flying Fields