SiD’s aim is to provide reasonably priced sporting and recreational facilities for the people of Desford and surrounding areas.
SiD is a Registered Charity (No. 1100319) and is run by an Executive Management Committee, which consists of a management team and representatives from all the affiliated sports sections – Bowls, Football, Fitness Gym, Squash, Striders Running, Scouting and Tennis. The Committee members are volunteers. This Committee are answerable to a Board of 7 Trustees, all of whom also work on a voluntary basis.
For immediate response, please contact either our joint clubhouse managers, Debbie Curtis and Emma Sylvester on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07760 111869 or Jim Houghton, Development Officer, on 07967 353 790 or email@example.com or call the clubhouse on 01455 828786.
Happy New Year!
Are you feeling in need of exercise and activity?
Did you know that Sport in Desford (SiD), a community run sports centre, the second largest in Hinckley and Bosworth, runs a whole variety of clubs and classes?
We cater for all ages and abilities. We have a strong inclusive ethos and a committed, award winning, environmental approach, keeping our fees as low as possible, all here in Desford.
We provide facilities to local Football (3 pitches), Tennis (5 courts), Bowls, Squash (2 courts), Netball (2 courts) and Running Clubs. We also run a substantial gym and support over a dozen indoor activities, with a full size Scout Hall for Scouts, Beavers and Cubs. Activities include: Dance, Circuits, Table Tennis, Trampolining, Tai Chi, Mature movers, Walking, Photography, Karate, Pilates, Belly dancing, fitness training, mental health and inclusive clubs. Check these all out on this website.
MP for Bosworth, Dr Luke Evans said, “Congratulations to Sport in Desford for their national award in recognition of their continued efforts to be eco-friendly over the last 10 years. Their fantastic achievement demonstrates how a local community sports organisation can make such a significant impact on the national green agenda, taking a pro-active approach to improve our environment.
I recently had the pleasure to visit their first-class facilities and see these changes first hand, and was thoroughly impressed. I’m pleased to see a hub of sporting activity done in an eco-friendly manner, right here in the heart of our community delivering on so many levels. Well done!”
New Bounce Fit class has started at 6pm on Tuesdays in the Function Room; Click here to book your session
Covid-19 Guidance from 1st January 2022
At SiD we have had no known transmission of Covid-19 so far, so let’s please keep it that way. Although the legal Covid -19 requirements are being lifted on 19th July the Government guidance still sets out how people can manage the risks to themselves and to others:
- Meeting in well-ventilated areas where possible, such as outdoors or indoors with windows open.
- Wearing a face covering where you come into contact with people you don’t normally meet in enclosed and crowded spaces, except when exercising
- Washing your hands with soap and water or using hand sanitiser regularly throughout the day.
- Covering your nose and mouth when you cough and sneeze.
- Staying at home if unwell, to reduce the risk of passing on other illnesses onto friends, family, colleagues, and others in your community.
- Considering individual risks, such as clinical vulnerabilities and vaccination status
- Continue to use the QR code when entering the clubhouse or outside courts
- The SiD Executive committee has decided to increase the numbers in our main meeting rooms for the next few months until the end of the March 2022when this will be reviewed: Max of 20 +1 in Function Room and Dance Studio and 30 +1 in the Scout Hall
For list of current Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) from Sport England click here
outdoor sports facilities can open, and organised outdoor football, futsal, netball, tennis and bowls can take place.
Indoor activities & Gym are back with limits on numbers & booking essential
Where are we?
Sport in Desford
The Flying Fields